When you think of citrus oils, I think the top two that comes to mind are Lemon and Wild Orange. I mean, let’s face it, citrus oils are the most popular picks when it comes to purchasing some of your first oils. Having said that, very rarely does Lime come to mind first. Before I go into the great benefits of Lime, I am going to give a little background on citrus oils and why they are so beneficial.
- Price- Citrus Oils are extremely affordable. These oils can be distracted from every part of the citrus tree, including the rinds from the fruit itself. Therefore, the yield from citrus is very high.
- These oils are versatile. They are great for everything from cleaning to emotional balance. Excellent cleansers and disinfectants. Great for metabolism and immunity.
- They are just smell good! Put them in a diffuser, and citrus oils just roundout a great diffuser blend, especially with wood oils.
- Lime essential oil can clean water. I like putting a drop in a bottle of water if I don’t have my own water bottle.
- Great for mental clarity and brain fog.
- Detoxifier. Helps cleanse organs such as the pancreas and liver.
Lime essential oil has been very beneficial for me lately because I have a been using this along with Lemon essential oil to clean my produce. And Lime smells great in the diffuser with Black Spruce and Cinnamon.
- 2 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Lime
- Bowl of water
Place produce in bowl of water, let sit for 15-30 minutes. You wouldn’t believe the dirt that comes off!
When considering your next oil, please consider Lime. It’s cleansing benefits can not be beat!
Want to know more about the benefits of Lime? Just ask me!